Jessika Power has shut down further claims about why she was dumped from The Challenge Australia, slamming rumours that the axing was over a pay dispute.
In July, however, Jessika was forced to refute claims that she’d pulled out of the new series just days before filming. In actuality, the axing came down to a “creative decision” made by producers.
Now, she’s come out swinging against the Daily Mail Australia after they ran a story that said she dropped the show after being told her appearance fee “would be slashed due to budget cuts”.
Taking to her Instagram Story, the 29-year-old slammed the publication for the “fake as sh*t” write-up.
Noting that she was “once again” left in the lurch without being asked for comment, Jessika called the outlet out for calling the story an “exclusive”.
“You can’t call it an exclusive when it’s a pile of [poop emoji],” she penned. “Stop writing fake ass articles on me.”
Jessika Power Provided RECEIPTS for Why She Was Axed from The Challenge
Jessika also shared messages from her manager, Max Markson, in which he relays why she was axed from The Challenge.
“Channel 10 have just called me to tell me that the American producers [of] The Challenge have made a ‘creative’ decision not to have you in the show, unfortunately, Jessika,” one message read.
A subsequent post showed Max reiterate that it was a “creative decision” after speaking again with Channel 10 personnel.
Jessika Power Previously Slammed Publications for False Claims About The Challenge Australia
On July 28, Jessika slammed the Daily Mail, suggesting that she had decided to depart the series.
“I had my contract signed, bags packed, everything ready and received a message from my manager stating that the American executives had made a creative decision to not include me on the show despite believing I am ‘good talent’. [sic].” Jessika penned.
The statement was also accompanied by a screenshot of a Daily Mail Australia.
The article was headlined: “EXCLUSIVE: Jessika Power ‘pulls out’ of Ten’s gruelling new reality show The Challenge — just days before filming was due to commence.”
The write-up claimed that a “source close” to Jessika said she decided The Challenge wasn’t her schtick. She pulled out as she would “make more money filming content for OnlyFans“.
However, the Big Brother VIP star denied the validity of the source.
“I have no idea how daily mail believe this is an ‘EXCLUSIVE’. [sic].” she wrote. “It wouldn’t come from any source close to me, and anyone close to me knows that I was excited to be chosen to do the show.”
She added that a day before her dumping, she was “having Skype interviews with the casting director” to discuss “opening outfits and filming location and leave dates”.
Want even more goss? Listen to episode 208 of the So Dramatic! podcast with Megan Pustetto below!
Know something that we don’t? Spill the tea here!
Get the tea first! Follow So Dramatic! on Instagram and tune in on Mondays to get your reality tea fix with the So Dramatic! podcast with Megan Pustetto.