Former Bachelorette Angie Kent has revealed she had a disturbing experience with Married at First Sight 2022 groom Simon Blackburn.
**Trigger warning: This article discusses homophobia, racism and sexism and might be distressing to some readers.
Speaking to So Dramatic! on Wednesday, Angie said she came across his TikTok videos a while ago and reposted them on her stories.
“I watched the one about him wanting to go to Schoolies to get young girls. He’s like 35. Disgusting. And calling him out about his content and audience,” she explained.
“Anyway… A bunch of his little minions then came after me saying that I’m just jealous that Simmo wouldn’t f*ck me because I’m a pig (something along those lines) or how I just want to be f*cked by him.” Gross!
The 31-year-old also revealed that Simon then contacted her after she shared his videos.
“He then wrote to me too… And did a story about getting me on his stats (I think that’s what he calls it) to be the next number of the women he’s f*cked. And I think I just blocked him. I wish I could find it but because I blocked him, it would be gone now.”
Angie then expressed her anger towards Channel Nine, MAFS, and production company Endemol Shine Australia for casting Simon on the show.
“I am livid they would even consider putting him on, let alone actually putting him on,” she said.
“And there are actually producers out there thinking that it’s OK to ‘pretend they didn’t do the background check on his socials’ and were willing to put him with a woman when clearly this man is mentally abusive and a predator… All for ratings?”
She also issued a warning to women who may have experienced treatment from men like Simon to know their worth and not put up with this behaviour.
“It’s scary that there are men out there like this who exist! But there are also women who are allowing themselves to be treated like this by these monsters. We need to let them know that they’re worth so much more. And the more they do… the less attention these pieces of shit will get and the more they will change!”
Well said, Angie!
Angie Kent Previously Called Out Simon Blackburn For His Vile Tik Tok Videos!
On Wednesday, Angie came out swinging over Simon’s vile TikTok videos.
The reality star previously voiced concern over the FIFO worker’s online content, before he was revealed to be an upcoming MAFS star.
“This is the same man I was posting about not long ago who petrified me on Tiktok and Instagram with his content,” she wrote on her Instagram story. “He also came for me when I called him out.”
“I am truly mortified. This man is incredibly toxic and dangerous,” Angie continued. “He has an odd cult following of young men who think his behaviour is something to laugh about and look up to.”
Angie then called out MAFS and Channel Nine giving the shameful TikTok sensation a platform and for “triggering women he has emotionally abused” and “taken advantage of”.
“Other men who think this type of behaviour is funny will think if they act in a similar way they will somehow be rewarded with airtime.”
Angie then called for Married at First Sight viewers to “boycott” the show “immediately”.
“[Simon] does not need a platform to keep spreading his venom.”
Who is Simon Blackburn from Married at First Sight?
After appearing in a promo for Married at First Sight 2022 on Monday, Simon was outed as a homophobic and misogynistic TikTok star.
In a series of videos since obtained by So Dramatic!, the father-of-two repeatedly degrades women and calls homosexuality “filth”.
On Wednesday, Channel Nine confirmed to So Dramatic! that they had decided to remove him from the show after being made aware of the disturbing videos.
“When unacceptable social media content was discovered in relation to Simon Blackburn we immediately took steps to remove him from the program. We won’t be making further comment,” a Channel Nine spokesperson told So Dramatic!.
Get the tea first! Follow So Dramatic! on Instagram, and tune in on Mondays to get your reality tea fix with the So Dramatic! podcast with Megan Pustetto.