Watching the performances on The Masked Singer Australia is no doubt exciting, however, fans also flock to the show in the hopes of figuring out the insane clues that will give us an idea of who is under the mask!
With the hit singing show back for its fourth — and arguably best season yet — fans are clamouring for hints as to which local and international celebrities are hitting the stage.
And, because we know the panellists love to nit-pick every last hint (Dave Hughes, we’re looking at you), it’s only fair that we compile all the masks’ clues for the optimum sleuthing experience.
So far, we know that one of The Masked Singer Australia contestants has sold over 50 million records worldwide, while another is a Grammy award winner. Plus, there’s also an Olympic gold medallist in the mix!
So, what else do we know about The Masked Singer Australia 2022 celebrities?
WILD CARD — Microphone
- Standing between two statues – both wearing blue and yellow scarves – Microphone had a butterfly land in one hand and a dove in the other.
- Microphone stood among the stars and a rocket ship took off next to her, before the blue background turned to black, and she was holding a purple cloth or gown.
- Microphone stood next to a punching bag and played “Scissors Paper Rock”, winning two of the three rounds.
- Microphone was also seen in handcuffs being escorted by police, but then the screen flooded with pink light and the police officers tangoed off-screen.
“I’m Microphone and I’m here to bring some real glamour. I didn’t start in a place like this, in fact, I took quite a different path and doubted my own abilities but I eventually learned to believe in me. Microphones are meant for those special, uplifting moments. We know the dark times too, but you only see the purple patches. I believe you make your own future, but a bit of luck never hurts either! I was almost involved in a life of crime, and my parents would have been proud! I got two years, but thankfully I had the best lawyer money can buy.”
Ain’t Nobody by Chaka Khan
- Michelle Williams
- Sarah Ferguson
- Rooster was seen standing next to an electric guitarist before he stood in front of four bodyguards, one holding a doll while they passed around a $10 note.
- Despite being a chook, Rooster then acted like a bull, rushing at a red cape, before crossing a busy New York street and wandering through the bush.
- Rooster was then handed several presents from Santa, however, he tossed each one away as he repeated the words “knew me”.
- Rooster was seen presiding over his Poultry Palace before he was fitted for some boxing gloves in a gym that had a poster of an AUSCAR Championship.
- There was a very Matrix-inspired backdrop.
- Rooster gave a bodyguard a haircut.
- He was also seen reading a book titled Australia’s Great Churches while two bodyguards took turns slapping each other next to a framed photo of Frank Sinatra.
“I’m Rooster, and you can describe me as cocksure. What’s my pedigree? Funny, but it’s all the way back to Ancient Rome. I come from a short line of almost-royalty. I’m not a battery chook. I need freedom! I have a vision of seeing the whole world from the city to the outback. I was discovered long after everyone knew me, knew me, knew me, knew me… I’m Rooster, and I’ve got plenty to crow about!”
“I am Rooster, and I’m cocky for a reason. Some people see me as untamed. I’m okay with that. Maybe that’s why I’m so close to doing all the dumb things. Family is important to me, privately and publicly, but I don’t like to do a big song and dance about it. As a child, I learned about attitude. It’s kept me out of the darkest places, except once: a place without a chandelier. I’m the Rooster, and I’m the boss of this barnyard.”
Panel Question and Answer
“Are you a religious person?”
“Where I grew up, I was surrounded by religion.”
24K Magic by Bruno Mars
California Dreamin‘ by The Mamas & the Papas
- Lenny Kravitz
- Todd McKenney
- Vance Joy
- Lincoln Lewis
- Keanu Reeves
- David Guetta
- Russell Brand
- John Farnham
- Snapdragon stood between four beach chairs while a bodyguard waved a lifesaving flag behind them before he shooed them away.
- Snapdragon dragged luggage as he walked.
- He was then followed by two bodyguards, one holding what looked like a giant magnifying glass and the other holding a globe while pointing to Europe.
- Snapdragon stood in the garden in front of a giant chess board and was then surrounded by seven other colourful snapdragons that grew around them. They then disappeared and turned into a giant flower bush.
- Snapdragon was seen holding a sign that read “Snapdragons love Jim Carrey” while a bodyguard approached holding a small chandelier.
- Snapdragon also did a workout, while their bodyguard lifted a weight that said 100, while he held something a little lighter and lifted a weight that said “one”.
“When my voice is heard, people don’t say ‘shh’ but that doesn’t mean I’m not adventurous. Travelling the seas doesn’t scare this Snapdragon. Snapdragons can be found across most of the world; we’re universal. I’ve been transplanted from my original home, but I’m never far from my father. Maybe you think all Snapdragons are the same, but we’re not. But I owe a lot to another flower. Maybe we share the same roots? I’m Snapdragon, and I’m the bloomin’ best Masked Singer.”
“I’m Snapdragon, and I’ve got the looks and the bite. Snapdragons may not breathe fire, but we are determined. The world of flowers is tough, we compete for our time in the sun, but even then, you don’t really see me as I am. That’s why some people call me mysterious. I’m Snapdragon, and it’s time for me to blossom.”
Sorry Not Sorry by Demi Lovato
How Will I Know by Whitney Houston
- Sheldon Riley
- Matt Corby
- Sam Smith
- Peter Andre
- Trixie Mattel
- Renée Zellweger
- Courtney Act
- Popcorn showed us a poster for a movie called Good Times with Popcorn, starring George Michael and Lindsay Lohan.
- Popcorn then stood in front of the Hollywood hills as a plane flew overhead and through a greyscale rainbow and black clouds.
- Popcorn handed leis to bodyguards as a colourful rainbow appeared behind them.
- Popcorn then walked the runway, before injuring himself as “how embarrassing” appeared over his head.
- Baseball was once again a theme for Popcorn as he hit a home run in a packed stadium.
- Popcorn stood on a desert road holding a sign that said “Fame” as pink clouds rolled in the background.
- Then, a bodyguard appeared holding a tray with a baseball, a bible and a rubber snake.
- Popcorn picked up the snake and kissed it before he was seen on a desert island where a tiger roared beside him.
“When you’re a Popcorn, you’ve got to have the moves. Am I an American boy? Let me spell it out for you: I’m welcome everywhere and I want everyone to feel welcome wherever they are. Am I stylish? Others think so, but sometimes it ends super badly when I hang out with the fashionistas… even bloody! Ow. Do I stick my nose in other people’s business? Of course I do, it’s a bit of an obsession. I’m Popcorn and I’m ready to go off!”
“Hi, I’m Popcorn. Let’s have some fun! I went from nothing to huge in the blink of an eye, or that’s how it seems to you, but there’s a lot of work in being an overnight success. Wikipedia says Popcorn’s ancestors come from Mexico, I don’t think that’s true, but maybe it is because I’ve been in many places. It’s hard to know where home is. If I got stuck on a desert island, who would I want to be with? Kylie, of course, and Lady Gaga. I’m Popcorn, and I’m here to have fun!”
Panel Question and Answer
“There was a tropical island in the clues. Have you done Survivor or a Love Island reality show?”
“I have a very strong connection to a particular island, but it’s certainly not where I found love.”
I Don’t Feel Like Dancing by Scissor Sisters
Adore You by Sam Smith
- John Butler
- Rick Springfield
- Louis Tomlinson
- Adam Hyde
- Rick Springfield
- Troye Sivan
- Tristan MacManus
- Mirrorball wore a wedding veil and carrying a baby, before chucking the baby doll to one bodyguard, and rejecting the proposal of another bodyguard.
- Mirrorball and a bodyguard were seen following numbered steps on the floor to perform a dance before she picked up the sixth step and tossed it aside.
- A bodyguard also read a newspaper with the headline “Mirrorball dead!” and on the other page “Torville and Dean Win Gold!” while another bodyguard held up a picture of a lightbulb above Mirrorball’s head as she handed over wads of cash.
- Mirrorball was measured next to a pedestal fan.
- Mirrorball put ice cubes into a drink, before the camera panned to a certificate from the Australian Medical Association (AMA).
- Mirrorball stood between two bodyguards on a running track as they stretched and got on their marks.
- Mirrorball cracked out some classic disco dance moves.
- She also stood proudly between a Mexican flag and a flag with the number 48 on it. However, a fireball saw it turn to ashes.
- A bodyguard held a thought bubble that said, “That’s hot!”
- Mirrorball reclined behind a piano with two framed photos on top of it, one of John Travolta and the other of Uma Thurman.
“I’m Mirrorball and I shine every chance I get. I’m not married with children, that was before my time. Finding a good man was hard, I’ve looked everywhere. East and, yes, even west. Let me tell you, dating is no laughing matter. Let’s not dance around the issue, I was the odd one out for years. Am I on a vendetta? I’m not saying, I’m too sweet! I have my heroes, I followed their examples but did it all myself. Who can you rely on? Only your family and an Aussie. I’m Mirrorball and I’m not saying goodbye tonight!”
“I’m the Mirrorball, and I hate to be in the dark. Am I dirty? No, that’s someone else, so be cool okay? You don’t think I measure up? I think I do. I was on thin ice for a while, but eventually, you have to do you. As a kid, I was really competitive. As an adult, not everyone likes that but I’m sick of running someone else’s race. I’m Mirrorball and my voice will be heard!”
“I’m Mirrorball, I was born to do what I do, and my parents knew it. But when the spotlight’s not on me, I don’t react. I’m proud and determined, close to grand, in fact. Even when everything turns to ashes, I go on unharmed. When you’re in the spotlight, you can be grilled by total strangers; that’s something you can bank on. I am the Mirrorball, and now is my time to shine.”
Panel Question and Answer
“What was the significance of the framed photos of John Travolta and Uma Thurman?”
“I’m no stranger to the screen, big and small, where every day is a good time, that’s where you will find Mirrorball.”
Xanadu by Olivia Newton-John
I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me) by Whitney Houston
Always by Bon Jovi
Clue Just In
“In breaking news, Mirrorball has decided to stop reflecting the light of others and to glow entirely on their own. Mirrorball has not commented publicly but has said to feel excited about the future.”
- Samantha Jade
- Anna Kendrick
- Nicole Richie
- Pamela Anderson
- Gwen Stefani
- Sophie Ellis-Bextor
- Christina Milian
- Jordin Sparks
- Chloe Lattanzi
- Samantha Jade
- Kyle Richards
- Lindsay Lohan
- Miley Cyrus
- Blowfly made a special delivery to a bodyguard in a pizza box — a small fish.
- The bodyguard was dressed up like a cricketer.
- Standing outside his pizzeria, Blowfly stood next to a sign that advertised a “Red Dog Pizza – all raw!” as a one-night-only special.
- There was a red dog barking and jumping for a ball in front of the sign, while a bodyguard wearing a big fake moustache used a footy like a gun.
- Blowfly held out a copy of a book titled “Dancing for Beginners” and pointed to a wall behind him that had five round plates – almost like records – hanging on it.
- Blowfly’s was sitting on a scooter next to a bodyguard holding the flag of Lebanon before three babies appeared in Blowfly’s arms.
- Blowfly was then seen playing a video game, with a framed image of what looked like an orange behind him, before he appeared performing opera in front of a lighthouse and holding up the scales of justice before a black sheep’s face appeared in a spotlight in the sky.
- Blowfly tried to break a stick over his knee, before becoming frustrated and handing it to a bodyguard who also struggled to break it.
- Blowfly pointed to a sign that read, “the boy with the dragon tattoo”.
- Blowfly was seen playing cricket in front of a mob of kangaroos.
- Blowfly showed off their sprinting ability, doing a dash between two chequered flags that each had the number 10 on it.
- Blowfly looked to be delivering a pizza to a doctor, but when they opened the box, they revealed a single yabby that exploded into a massive fireball.
- The pizza motif continued when Blowfly stood outside a pizzeria advertising German sausage pizza as the special of the day.
“I’m the Blowfly, and I’ve made a good start to the competition. They say home is where the heart is and maybe the hope, I just know that love will be rewarded fourfold. Is a motorscooter big enough? Not really! I like the power, turn on the gas. I’m Blowfly and I know a lot about records.”
“I’m Blowfly and you can find me all over Australia. I fought real hard to get to the top of my little hill, or am I king of the mountain? I’m never afraid to ask the tough questions or to lend a hand to anyone who needs it. I know I can be loud, maybe a bit wild and it almost cost me family some important jewellery. I’ve spent my time in the sun, including some of my darkest days, but I am a phoenix. I’m the Blowfly and I’m buzzing to win The Masked Singer.”
“I’m Blowfly, you know there’s flys like me all over the world, but I’m Aussie as. There’s nothing I like more than cruising in a big V8, or maybe a high-five. Blowflies know the highs and the lows. Those days of innocence are behind me and now I am the possessor of much wisdom. For a Blowfly, I don’t take crap from no one and that’s why I’ll win The Masked Singer.”
Easy on Me by Adele
Midnight Sky by Miley Cyrus
Chains by Tina Arena
- Rob Shehadie
- Merv Hughes
- Shannon Noll
- Freddie Flintoff
- Daniel Ricciardo
- Charli Robinson
- Stevie Nicks
- Tom Gleeson
- Grant Denyer
- Shannon Noll
- Nic Cester
- Zombie wandered in the opposite direction from a mob of other zombies.
- Zombie handed out bananas that were a little over-ripe, highlighting their yellow and black colouring.
- Zombie carried a suitcase with stickers that read “Ticket to Ryde” and “PHD Philidelphia”.
- Zombie also played keyboard while bodyguards and a leprechaun did an Irish jig behind her.
- Air Zombie was advertising trips to India, offering the opportunity to “learn Bollywood dancing” on one sign, with another reading “Urban Transit System” (UTS).
- Zombie held a framed photo of Masked Singer alum Nikki Webster.
- Zombie was seen walking past some elephants, before a black cat jumped into the frame.
- There was also a gold trophy on a first-place victory stand, before she relaxed and read a copy of Zombie Life Magazine with a headline that asked, “Do blondes have more fun?”
- Zombie was seen standing between gravestones for Queen Victoria (1819-1901), Powderfinger (1989-2010) and Oasis (1991-2009).
- Zombie is a drop-dead gorgeous air hostess
- She was seen walking down the aisle of a plane handing out green apples and a potato before the screen was filled with orange slices.
- Zombie denied being wicked, with a witch flying past the screen on a broom.
- A pink wand appeared with a bodyguard dressed as an opera singer wearing a horned helmet. However, Zombie didn’t seem to like the music.
“I’m a Zombie but I don’t follow the pack, my teenage years were spent in the golden arches! Now, I have quite a few strings to my bow… yellow and black? I was saving that for myself! What I do is dangerous work, ill health seems to follow zombies wherever they go. I haven’t always had the drive, but I do know my place and my place isn’t doing this. I’m Zombie, and I’m ready for takeoff!”
“Zombies travel the entire world but mostly East-West. I had a life before being a Zombie and another life after. Now, I’ve turned a page, and all I want is brains, brains! Zombies love animals, but cats are too disappointing! There’s no shame in coming third, well that’s what I tell myself, but it came with a job that I would literally die for. I’m the Zombie, and I’m going to eat the competition alive!”
“I’m Zombie and my performances will live forever. I used to feel entitled but I’m not as green as I used to be… or as orange. Would you care for a baked potato? I’m a Zombie, I’m not wicked but I’m not magical either. I was once upon a time. I’m Zombie and I’d rather die than lose The Masked Singer.”
Clue Just In
“The Masked Singer Zombie has finally proven the existence of life after death. Zombie is very much alive, just in a form of life most of us wouldn’t recognise.”
Sweet but Psycho by Ava Max
Maneater by Nelly Furtado
Creep by Radiohead
- Natalie Bassingthwaighte
- Rachel McAdams
- Bec Hewitt
- RuPaul Charles
- Dame Judi Dench (pahlese!)
- Emma Watkins
- Idina Menzel
- Heidi Klum
- Janine Allis
- Kate Ritchie
- Tiger danced the Charleston before jumping into the present to dance in front of two bodyguards.
- On the bodyguards’ table were three flags — the US, Australia and Italy — as well as two beers called “King of the Jungle”.
- Tiger crawled around on a very smoky floor as cash flooded the screen.
- Tiger was seen playing the piano next to one bodyguard playing the violin and another stroking a stuffed dingo toy.
- The piano also had a photo of Chelsea Clinton, a gold ribbon and the music score for the theme from BMX Bandits.
- Tiger was also seen wearing a tutu, measuring a chair next to a circus tent.
“I am Tiger, and no one will cur my appeal. Am I manly? I have been most of my life, especially 2003. I’ve often been the front but just as much time in the back, and I have had my success in Sydney, Melbourne, Tokyo, London and Singapore… and in the desert too. I’m the Tiger, and I’m ready to roar!”
“I’m the Tiger, beautiful but powerful and dangerous. Although I am a Tiger, I do have links to lions. Either way, I love nature. The thunder doesn’t scare me. I just block it from my mind. But I do prefer the sun. I’m comfortable in the jungle or even a nature strip. I am the Tiger, and I will tear this competition apart.”
Panel Question and Answer
“You said you prefer the sun, are you a swimmer or an Iron Man?”
“I can tell you this, my childhood was very, very physical.”
In the Air Tonight by Phil Collins
Feeling Good by Cy Grant
- Ronny Chieng
- Gary Sweet
- Jamie Durie
- Paul Gascoigne
- Paul Gascoigne
- Jett Kenny
- Tom Cruise *insert eyeroll here*
- Thong referred to having an “overseas background”, and a red Vespa scooter drove across the screen.
- She was also at the beach
- Thong was seen being viewed by a bodyguard through a telescope standing in the clouds in front of an ancient statue!
- Thong was also offered “Not Beer” by a bodyguard wearing an eyepatch, while three rats were revealed under a cloche.
“I’m the Thong, I’m familiar, I’m comfortable and an Aussie icon with a background overseas. However, I’m better known for my work with M&M. I love a barbie, and I also like a banquet… not at this beach, though. I hope it’s fish! I really love fish. Is a humble thong worthy of admiration? I think so, and that’s why I’ll win The Masked Singer!”
Footloose by Kenny Loggins
- Stephanie Gilmore
- Bindi Irwin
- Khanh Ong
On August 9, Australian Survivor and Aussie actor Pia Miranda was revealed as Thong on The Masked Singer Australia 2022.
- A bodyguard pointed to a map that had several spots highlighted, including Edmonton, Los Angeles, Moscow, Barcelona, Brisbane and Auckland.
- A bodyguard ironed a royal-looking cape, while Caterpillar was knighted by another bodyguard.
- In the corner of the screen, a little Caterpillar counter ticked up to 15.
“I’m the Caterpillar, but I see myself as a butterfly. You can find caterpillars everywhere, from coast to jungle. My empire is far and wide. I’ve travelled the world without travelling far at all. You can find me on the road and even in the air. I’m always on the move. I’ve been a scholar, I’ve also been a world champion, but not what you think. And did you know Caterpillars can jump? I’m Caterpillar, and I will take the trophy home with me!”
Cloudy Day by Tones and I
- Carrie Bickmore
- Sally Pearson
- Emily Seebohm
- Schapelle Corby
On August 8, sportswoman Lisa Curry was revealed as Caterpillar on The Masked Singer Australia 2022.
- Knight stood in a meadow at night with a star and a number one shining down on him.
- An RAAF banner flew past.
- He was also handed a bouquet of roses by a bodyguard wearing a veil.
- He stood in front of framed photos of a sprinter and a blue-eyed eyeball.
- A bodyguard held a piece of PVC pipe and a clock reading 23:06.
“I am the Knight, the closest that Australia has to true royalty. I am a Knight but I prefer the evening. To get where I am I had to fight my way through, travel to true respect. This is my trusty steed, far happier to see me now than in the past. I like it more than horseless carriages. Easy there, lightning. I have other plans. I wouldn’t say I was unforgettable, but I am more often forgotten than not. Still, the good people of Switzerland almost sent me flowers, golden ones, but I prefer deep purple. I am the Knight, but I shall be the little king of Masked Singer.”
Panel Question and Answer
“Did the PVC pipe hint at winning a renovation show?”
“I can tell you this much, there have been improvements in my career, but my work was never around the house.”
Bad Habits by Ed Sheeran
- David Hasselhoff
- Nick Cummins
- Shannon Noll
- Brendan Fevola
On August 7, Neighbours star Ryan Moloney was revealed as Knight on The Masked Singer Australia 2022.
Want even more goss? Listen to the latest episode of the So Dramatic! Daily podcast with Megan Pustetto below!
Know something that we don’t? Spill the tea here!
Get the tea first! Follow So Dramatic! on Instagram and tune in on Mondays to get your reality tea fix with the So Dramatic! podcast with Megan Pustetto.