Bachelor in Paradise Australia‘s Jamie Doran has revealed he’s still very much suing Warner Brothers despite delays in legal proceedings.
The reality star, who first appeared on The Bachelorette in 2019, announced his plans to file a lawsuit against the production company behind the Bachelor franchise in July 2020, citing a lack of duty of care.
Now, the 40-year-old has revealed to the Daily Telegraph that despite the proceedings being “a little complex”, he hasn’t given up on the case just yet.
“Everything is still going ahead,” he told the publication in early December. “It’s a little complex but the reason things are taking so long is we (my legal team and I) have been dealing with Warner Bros’ insurer since July 2020.”
According to the former firefighter, they “have ticked all the boxes” on his end but the production company wants to “review” the case, which will happen on February 1, 2022.
During both of Jamie’s appearances in the franchise, he was depicted as a Stage-Five Clinger and was shrouded with a villain edit.
However, the ex-contestant said his grievances don’t stop at his TV portrayal. Since leaving the franchise, he has enlisted the best legal team in his pursuit of justice.
Jamie Doran Reveals He’s Been Receiving Weekly Compensation
Jamie also revealed to the Daily Telegraph that he has been receiving weekly compensation since lodging his lawsuit last year.
“I have been receiving $1,000 a week compensation since July 2020,” he confessed, calling it a “long, difficult road”.
“I’m doing this for all past, present and future contestants who these production companies manipulate and effectively ruin their lives, so it’s worth the time and effort.”
Why Is Bachelor In Paradise Australia‘s Jamie Doran Taking Warner Brothers To Court?
In a since-deleted Instagram post, Jamie announced that he was pursuing legal action against Network Ten and Warner Brothers over his portrayal on Bachelor in Paradise.
“This is not the news I wanted to post, but I feel I owe this to at least my family, friends, and also fans of The Bachelorette and Bachelor In Paradise,” he wrote to his followers.
“After lengthy consideration, I’ve decided to begin legal proceedings against Network 10 & Warner Bros Australia.”
At the time, he said he wasn’t going to comment further “for the time being” and asked that people would “respect [his] privacy”.
Jamie Doran’s Tell-All On The So Dramatic! Podcast
As a result of legal proceedings, Jamie was under a strict media ban. This prohibited him from talking about his time on the show until early November 2020.
However, the reality star spoke to the So Dramatic! podcast in his first-ever unabridged interview since exiting the Bachelor franchise.
“This is the first time ever, I can go rogue,” he told host Megan Pustetto, revealing it was the first time he’d spoken to media without a Network Ten representative.
In the five-part mini-series, Jamie discussed his time on both The Bachelorette and Bachelor in Paradise and addressed the drive behind suing Warner Brothers.
“There’s about 20 different things in my lawsuit, it’s very complicated,” he admitted. “It’s about the bullying by producers, it’s [the] manipulation.”
He also claimed that his edit on the show painted him in a bad light with the public.
“I got such a bad edit in The Bachelorette. I feel like I’m now trying to play catch up with the public,” he said. “I’m trying to prove that I’m not a bad guy, I’m not a stage-five clinger, I’m not the villain, I’m not the way they portrayed me.”
Want even more goss? Listen to episode 28 of the So Dramatic! podcast with Megan Pustetto below!
Know something that we don’t? Spill the tea here!
Get the tea first! Follow So Dramatic! on Instagram and tune in on Mondays to get your reality tea fix with the So Dramatic! podcast with Megan Pustetto.