Not even 24 hours after NOVA’s Fitzy and Wippa announced that Michael “Pup” Clarke was appearing on the next season of SAS Australia, the former Aussie skipper has pulled out.

According to The Daily Telegraph, the cricketer had already signed a contract with a $750,000 asking fee, however has had to pull out due to a back injury.

The report also revealed that the next season will get under way in a few weeks, however, Michael will be unable to continue due to chronic back pain after seeking medical advice and treatment. 

On Thursday, September 16, Ryan ‘Fitzy’ Fitzgerald revealed that two new celebs had thrown their hat into the ring and had been confirmed for next season.

“There’s been some names leaked for the new series, which are really really good. I can confirm two,” he said.

According to the radio star, controversial Rugby League star and “bad boy” Willie Mason had been selected to participate.

“I’ve been told he’s currently training really really hard getting smashed before he actually does the show,” Fitzy said. “Second one is Michael Clarke. Pup’s put his hand up. He’s locked in.”

While this new information has come to light, at the time, Michael “Wippa” Wipfli, didn’t buy the news.

 “I don’t believe that, not buying that,” he said. “He was meant to be doing Celebrity Apprentice as well.”

Fitzy also named former NRL star turned boxer Sonny Bill Williams, saying he was currently in “negotiations” as well as former Olympic swimmer Ian Thorpe and disgraced celebrity chef Pete Evans

As for the official line-up, we’ll just have to wait and see.

Get the tea first! Follow So Dramatic! on Instagram and tune in on Mondays to get your reality tea fix with the So Dramatic! podcast with Megan Pustetto.